Birmingham, Ala. – A complete of 1,309 student-athletes had been named to the 2022-23 First-12 months SEC Tutorial Honor Roll, Friday by SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey.
The First-12 months SEC Tutorial Honor Roll is predicated on grades from the 2022-23 educational calendar.
Any student-athlete who participates in a Southeastern Convention championship sport or a student-athlete who participates in a sport listed on his/her establishment’s NCAA Sports activities Sponsorship Kind is eligible for nomination to the Tutorial Honor Roll. The next standards might be adopted:
(1) A student-athlete should have a grade level common of three.00 or above for both the previous educational 12 months (two semesters or three quarters) or have a cumulative grade level common of three.00 or above on the nominating establishment.
(2) If a student-athlete attends summer time college, his/her grade level common in the course of the summer time educational time period have to be included within the calculation used to find out eligibility for the Tutorial Honor Roll.
(3) Pupil-athletes eligible for the Honor Roll embrace these receiving an athletics scholarship, recipients of an athletics award (i.e., letter winner), and non-scholarship student-athletes who’ve been on a varsity workforce for 2 seasons.
(4) Previous to being nominated, a student-athlete should have efficiently accomplished 24 semester or 36 quarter hours of non-remedial educational credit score towards a baccalaureate diploma on the nominating establishment.
(5) The scholar-athlete should have been a member of a varsity workforce for the game’s total NCAA Championship section.
First 12 months student-athletes in all sports activities could also be named to the Honor Roll on the conclusion of their first full educational 12 months in residence (spring, fall, and summer time phrases).